Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Live and Direct, Part I



blah blah. blah blah blah blah. blah. blah blah blah. blah blah.

Not much to say today, except: good music below. Git some.

Fordmadoxfraud's Live & (Mostly) Bootleg Mixtape Vol. 1

TRACKLIST
1. Nick Cave - From Her to Eternity
I've always loved this song and this version of it in particular. This is what gave me the idea for this (and the following) mix.
2. Irma Thomas - Gone
Live at the Showboat, New Orleans, 12/26/77
3. The Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen
Live at the Great Southeast Music Hall, Atlanta, GA, 1/5/78
4. Doug E. Fresh & Biz Markie - Let Me Clear My Throat
unknown provenance
5. The Pogues - The Auld Triangle
Brendan Behan song; live at BBC
6. Bruce Springsteen - The Fever
Live at Houston's KLOL-FM, 3/9/74
7. Miles Davis - 'Round Midnight
Live at the Berlin Philharmonic, 11/4/67
8. Prince - Head
Live in Detroit, 1982
9. The Misfits with Joey Ramone - 1969
Stooges cover; October 1998
10. Public Enemy - By the Time I Get to Arizona
Live in Winterthur, Switzerland, 4/9/92
11. The Meters - Hey Pocky Way
Live at the Showboat Lounge, Metairie, LA, 1/22/77
12. Otis Redding - Land of 1000 Dances
unknown European television broadcast, 1967
13. Giles - Live at the Bronze
Oops. I forgot I included this. I guess I'd been drinking a little when I made this mix. This is the song that Giles sings in the dream in Restless, the last episode of season 4 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
14. My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow
live on the MTV Loom Tour, Vancouver, CA, 7/4/92. This bootleg would be perfect if only the vocals would be a little further up in the mix. I wish I had more MBV records. I wish more MBV records existed.
15. Van Morrison & Bob Dylan - Crazy Love
unknown provenance
16. Henry Threadgill - Gateway
live in the Bronx, 3/3/84

BONUS: for those of you with a taste for free jazz: The Art Ensemble of Chicago - Live in Hamburg, 1977

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home