Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Live and Direct Part II


David Murray with the Gwo-Ka Masters

More live goodness. I don't have as much info about these tracks as I did for the ones from Vol. 1. A lot of them I just accumulated the way one does when you spend most of your day on the internet.

Fordmadoxfraud's Live and (Mostly) Bootleg Mixtape, Vol. 2

TRACKLIST
1. Buddy Holly - Love is Strange
demo version
2. Iggy Pop - The Passenger
3. Frank Sinatra & Ella Fitzgerald - The Lady is a Tramp
live on Sinatra: A Man and His Music tv special, 1967
4. Sam & Dave - Soothe Me
live 1967
5. PJ Harvey - The Dancer
live 4/23/05
6. Jimi Hendrix - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band
7. David Murray & the Gwo-Ka Masters - Gete
live in Switzerland, 8/20/03. This song kicks ass. Thanks to my pal Pangborn for ripping it for me.
8. Shane MacGowan & Christy Moore - Spancill Hill
and this I have to thank my pal Rich for. This is one of my favorite live Shaney songs.
9. Johnny Cash - Unchained
live at Irving Plaza, NYC, 7/9/96
10. John Zorn's Masada with Susie Ibarra and Bill Frisell - unknown song
live at the Knitting Factory, NYC, 4/10/96
11. Killing Joke - Sun Goes Down
12. Radiohead - Wonderwall
not serious
13. Desmond Dekker - 007 (Shanty Town) w/ versions
14. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
rehearsal tape, 1967
15. Fear - New York's Alright (If You Like Saxophones)
live on Saturday Night Live, Halloween, 1981
16. Bob Dylan - Sloppy Drunk
B.B. King cover, live at the Royal Festival Hall, London, 1964

1 Comments:

Blogger Rod Warner said...

that's what I call eclectic! Good stuff...

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home