Saturday, August 18, 2007



Somehow, despite actually being the son of a preacher man, I've never been able to parley this fact into any action. Maybe I didn't try hard enough, or perhaps being the spawn of Christian schizophrenia isn't as sexy as it used to be. By the time I was dating, my dad's pulpit days were more or less post hoc, ergo propter hoc anyway.

Anyway, it's a waste of my time to post the Dusty Springfield version of this song because everyone has it, right? Right.

Bobbie Gentry - Son of a Preacher Man

The Gaylettes - Son of a Preacher Man

Eddie Jefferson - Son of a Preacher Man

Mavis Staples - Son of a Preacher Man

Siouxsie & the Banshees - Bring Me the Head of the Preacher Man

I'm especially fond of the Gaylettes version, although I must admit I've got quite a reggae fixation these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home